The MKS section responsibilities cover a wide range of activities:
- We design, install, operate and optimize very high power radio-frequency systems for the LHC, the Linac4, and the test facilities for future large accelerators at CERN,
- We strengthen the production, the testing and the transfer of CERN X-band technology for normal-conducting high gradient accelerating structures to industry,
- We develop the electron beam acceleration systems for the CERN plasma wake field acceleration project (AWAKE)
- We enhance world-wide collaboration and joint efforts for the R&D program for the “CERN future circular collider” study,
- We offer a rich and stimulating environment for training young scientists and in particular play a leading role in the European Training Network "PACMAN"